Rosehip Oil benefits for skin
More than just a garden favorite, rose bushes contain one of nature’s best beauty secrets: the hidden power of the rosehips. Rosehips are the small fruit left behind after a rose drops its petals. Rosehip syrup has long been a part of natural remedies, used by ancient cultures around the world and even rationed to children in wartime Britain to boost their immunity.
Uses of Rosehip Oil
More recently, rosehip oil has been recognized for its rich combination of vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids which work together to perform wonders on face and skin.
Rosehip oil for face contains a host of powerful bioactive components, including:
- high concentrations of beta-carotene (pro-Vitamin A)
- essential fatty acids (Omega 3 and Omega 6)
- fatty acids (Omega 9)
Because our bodies don’t actually produce essential fatty acids, it’s vital that we feed our skin with natural sources. These restorative fats work to repair and renew skin at a cellular level, while the oil’s lightweight moisturizing effect leaves skin feeling soft and supple.
Rosehip Oil Key Benefits
- Absorbs easily for a fresh, non-greasy feel
- Softens and hydrates skin, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet
- Supports the skin’s cellular activity to help resist the aging process
- May lighten scars and other marks due to its fatty acid and pro-Vitamin A content
- Rejuvenates skin, potentially helping it to regain lost elasticity
Source and sustainability of Rosehip Oil
High quality rosehip oil – like the one use in Xtend-Life’s Kanapa™ products – is extracted using a cold press technique that locks in nutrients and ensures purity. Extracted with an expeller press, no artificial heat or solvents are applied at any stage of the process. This means the oil’s bioactive goodness reaches you at full strength.
The oil we use is Certified Organic, from rose bushes of the “Rosa aff. Rubginosa” variety. These are grown without pesticides, herbicides or other chemical interventions. Our rosehip oil is non-GMO and free from any solvent residues.